2006 Sabre 426
Yacht price :
The Sabre 426 is a moderate displacement 24,000lb cruising yacht offering many on board amenities for comfortable extended cruising yet with the performance attributes of lighter boats that make sailing her fun and exhilarating in light winds and a very capable performer as wind seas build! This is particular true of MISCHIEF.
MISCHIEF features the deep 6'10 fin keel making her glide through the water with ease and point into the wind effortlessly! Her rod rigging, Leisurefurl in boom mainsail furling, Harken adjustable genoa car system, her UK sails - main, 147 genoa #1, 135 genoa #2, staysail, Assymetrical Spinnaker with mast mounted Forespar pole on mast track, a removable Hall inner forestayd and a roller furler genoa provide a versatile and robust sail system that is easy to use, with less effort and ultimate performance in varied conditions.
MISCHIEF's amenities abound from her ability to sleep 7 comfortably, to her season extending Espar heater, to a gourmet galley with microwave, refrigeration, four burner stove and oven, dual stainless steel sinks. This Sabre 426 delivers in all categories comfort, performance, style and condition.
- Essex, CT, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Jim Taylor
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- 42 ft 6 in - 12.95 meter
- 123 ft 5 in - 37.62 meter
- Draft - max:
- 6 ft 10 in - 2.08 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- 24000 lbs
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 56 (Individual), 56 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 60 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 120 gallons - 2 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 30 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
MISCHIEF features a large comfortable layout capable of sleeping 7 people. The owners cabin forward features the lowered queen berth allowing more room and easier access in and out of the berth. The forward cabin features plenty of storage in drawers, cabinets, and cedar lined lighted hanging locker. There are two doors so that the head can become part of the owner's cabin suite.
The main salon features two large L-shaped settees. The port settee can be extended into a double berth and the starboard settee can be used as a single berth. The dining table is stored against the bulk head which makes the salon both spacious and safe during transit.
An aft cabin features a double berth, stand-up head room, a separate vanity with sink and mirror, and various storage features including a cedar lined hanging locker, cabinet and shelves.
The head features easy cleaning surfaces, a separate stall shower, electric Jabsco Quiet Flush toilet, vanity mirror, good ventilation and dry storage.
Windows throughout have screens and privacy blinds. The ventilation on the boat is excellent with opening hatches, opening port windows, and three Hella fans.
The cruising season will be extended both in the spring and fall with the additional feature of an Espar diesel heating system!
- Custom fitted sheets for v- berth (new, never used)
- Espar cabin heating
- Electric toilet
The Sabre 426 features a large U shaped galley with the following features:
- Corian counter tops
- Propane Force 10 stove with oven
- Double icebox with two lids and front opening door upgraded with a second cold plate
- Double stainless steel deep sinks
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Self draining drying rack/dish storage next to sink
- Storage including cabinets, shelves, drawers, trash bin and counter space
- Propane sniffer and alarm
SAILS< RIGGING AND CANVAS
MISCHIEF is rigged and equipped with features not found on most Sabre 426's. She is set up for easy day sailing or can be rigged and sailed in much more challenging conditions. She recently had her complete 10 year rig inspection. She was recently re-fitted with un-coated lifelines.
Sail inventory includes:
- UK Hydranet full battened mainsail designed for the Leisurefurl boom
- 147% Genoa (#1) is a UK Sails Tape Drive Sail of BlackAramid laminate and Carbon Fiber Tapes
- 130% Genoa (#2) UK Hydranet with new UV protection added 2017
- 98% Jib (#3) is UK Sails Tape Drive Sail made of Technora and Carbon Fiber
- UK Nylite 90 Assymetric spinnaker in launching sock
- UK9.5 oz staysail with deckbag
I : 56.33 ft
J : 16.50 ft
P : 49.33 ft
E : 17.42 ft
Working Sail Area : 920.00 sq ft
Rigging features include:
- Full rig inspection recently done
- Lifelines replaced with uncoated wires
- Electric main halyard winch
- Leisurefurl in boom mainsail furling
- Upgraded Forespar vang
- Navtec backstay adjuster
- Roller furling Genoa
- Hall inner forestay and 4:1 running backstay tackles
- Rod rigging
- Halyard style boom topping lift
- Forespar LC13-24 adjustable pole on mast track
- Spinnaker sheets, tack line & bow block
- Stay sail sheets
- Spinnaker pole topping lift lead aft to cockpit
- Spinnaker halyard led aft to cockpit
- Harken adjustable genoa car system
This boat is well equipped for cruising with the following electronics:
- Two Raymarine E80 chartplotters (helm and nav table)
- Raymarine RS125 GPS antenna
- Raymarine 4KW radar antenna on Kato pole mount
- Wind, speed, depth and graphic instruments mounted over the companionway
- Tridata instrument at Nav table
- Uniden VHF radio and WHAM wireless remote
- XM Sirius AM/FM/CD satelite radio with cabin and cockpit speakers
- Raymarine PC interface output at the nav desk
- six 12-volt AGM batteries
- 110V shore power system with GFI protected in galley and head
- 50' shorepower cord
- Macerator pump for head
- Master AC/DC panels, located at the navigation table, includes AC/DC volt and ammeters, marine circuit breakers, and polarity indicator.
- Xantrax battery monitor
- Heart Freedom 25 Inverter/charger
- Electric bilge pump
- Electric windlass
- Electric winch
- Interior lighting
- Navigation lighting
- 4 cylinder fresh water cooled Yanmar diesel with 2.7/1 reduction gear.
- Alternator is Balmar 100 amp with a smart external regulator
- 60 gallon custom aluminum fuel tank, vented and grounded
- Racor fuel filter/water separator.
- Engine oil drip pan
- Flexible four point engine mount system to minimize vibration and noise
- Complete engine access provided by sound and heat insulated removable panels.
- Tachometer, hour meter, volt, oil, and temperature gauges are recessed in cockpit face
- Fuel gauge mounted at nav station
- 1 3/8" Aquamet prop shaft passes through a glassed in log, PSS dripless shaft seal with bronze strut
- Maxprop three bladed feathering propeller
- Recent inspection of exhaust risers
- Pad eyes in cockpit
- Automatic electric bilge pump
- Manual, cockpit mounted bilge pump
- Marelon flush through hulls with sea valves
Docking and Anchoring
- Dock lines
- Boat hook
- 45# anchor, chain and rode
- Fresh water wash down on deck
- Teak bang rail with stainless steel cap
- Fully equipped Sabre Tool Drawer
- 3 Large cockpit lockers
- Activated carbon water filter on FW system
- Laid teak on the transom steps
- Teak eyebrows on cabin sides
- Teak folding leaf cockpit table
- Cockpit cushions
- Two aluminum propane tanks
- Weems and Plath clock and barometer
- Sensa Tank gauges at nav station are for the two water tanks
- Vacuum bagged, Divinycell cored structure hand laminated with structural E glass
- ISO NPG gelcoat
- Inward turning deck to hull joint with integral teak toe rail
- Bulkheads, berth faces, shelves and floor stringers laminated to hull to provide additional structural reinforcement.
- Step transom
- Deck is fastened to the hull using stainless steel through bolts
- 3M 5200 Polyurethane sealant used in hull/deck joint.
ADDITIONAL INTERIOR FEATURES
Hand crafted interior joinery in American cherry
- 6'6" headroom in main and aft areas, with 6'4" headroom in forward cabin
- Forward cabin has a 6'10" long berth
- Main cabin has (2) 6' 6" settee berths, port side converts to double.
- Aft-cabin with 6'10" long, full width double berth
- Ample drawers in cabins galley and main salon. Drawer boxes are Maple and have dovetailed corners.
- Flat panel passageway doors
- Large, cedar lined hanging lockers in forward and aft cabins.
- Optimized area for instrument installation, storage locker space and panel arrangement at the chart table.
- Locker doors are louvered.